CRKN’s Knowledge Base Entitlements Sub-Committee (KBESC), formerly the Serials Management Sub-Committee, is happy to announce that the entitlements lists (in KBART format) for CRKN-licensed content have been updated for 2020. CRKN members are encouraged to locate and activate these lists in their discovery system.
The collection name of a particular list in a particular discovery system can be found on our KBART page which also now includes new KBART files for content not under license, like the Canadiana collections and the CRKN Open Access Journals List.
Updated KBART Files (Licensed Content)
The KBESC is responsible for managing the annual update process for the KBART files for content licensed by CRKN on behalf of its members. The update process considers ceased and transferred out titles, new starts and takeover titles, titles that are moving to open access, and consortial level perpetual access rights for the relevant licenses. The end result is an entitlements list in KBART format for the upcoming calendar year.
The KBART files for the following licenses are updated annually:
- ACS (American Chemical Society) Current Journals
- Cambridge Journals
- CSP (Canadian Science Publishing) Journals
- Elsevier Science Direct Journals (two lists will be replacing the previous entitlement list for Elsevier Science Direct, in order to better distinguish between the different components of the Elsevier license.)
- Elsevier Academic Press new
- Elsevier Additional Journals new
- Elsevier Freedom Collection produced and maintained by Elsevier
- IOP (Institute of Physics) Journals
- Oxford Journals
- RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) Journals
- SAGE Journals
- Springer Journals (this includes the Adis titles separately)
- Taylor & Francis
- SSH Library
- S&T Library
- Medical Library
- Wiley Journals
New KBART Files (Non-Licensed Content)
- CRKN Open Access Journals List
- As of January 2020, the CRKN Open Access Journals List is available in discovery systems. This list contains over 400 gold open access journals supported by CRKN members that are peer-reviewed, scholarly, and not otherwise discoverable in DOAJ or with Érudit. More information here.
- Canadiana collections Monographs
- There are more than 85,000 titles in the Canadiana Online collection which are monographs. These titles are accessible at no charge and are available as MARC records from our website or in KBART format in discovery systems. As new content is digitized and catalogued, this list will be updated.
- Canadiana collections Serials
- There are more than 2,400 titles in the Canadiana Online collection which are serials. Like the Monographs, these titles are accessible at no charge and metadata in KBART format is available in discovery systems, or in MARC record format online. This list will be updated as new content is made available.
OCLC WMS Update (CRKN Collections)
CRKN has completed a review of the collections in OCLC’s WorldShare Management System (WMS) which relate to content under license by CRKN. In order to meet the objectives of the review, updates to the collections were made to reflect current licenses and entitlements. These changes have been communicated to members using WMS as their discovery system.
For any questions about CRKN’s KBART files or the annual updating process, please contact:
Member Services and Licensing Officer