CRKN is extending the call for nominations for the Conference Planning Committee (CPC). The CPC is a new committee, established by and reporting to the CRKN Board of Directors, and providing updates to the Content Strategy Committee and Preservation and Access Committee, as needed. The deadline to submit a nomination for the CPC has been extended until Monday, April 20, 2020 at 5 p.m. ET.
The CPC will provide leadership to develop, plan, and implement all programming aspects of the annual CRKN conference. The CPC will ensure the programming of the CRKN conference represents the interests and needs of CRKN members and stakeholders and that it champions diverse participation and representation. The CPC also oversees the CRKN conference Code of Conduct, and along with representatives from the CRKN Board and staff, acts as the CRKN conference Code of Conduct Committee.
The CPC is responsible for:
- developing and refining a conference theme which is in line with the CRKN mission and mandate;
- assisting with soliciting a call for proposals for the program;
- reviewing and making final recommendations to the Board for conference panelists and speakers based on the call for proposals;
- developing a conference program which is in line with the theme;
- working with CRKN staff to determine invited speakers and keynotes;
- reviewing and updating the CRKN conference Code of Conduct; and
- implementing the CRKN conference Code of Conduct reporting process.
The Board of Directors invites nominations from the CRKN membership to fill four (4) positions on the Conference Planning Committee:
- One (1) member appointed to represent the gallery, library, archive, and museum (GLAM) community;
- Up to three (3) members who collectively represent the academic library community with experience in conference planning and programming, including representation from the hosting city member institution (this year, University of New Brunswick – Fredericton).
The committee will also include a representative of the Content Strategy Committee and Preservation and Access Committee to act as Chair and Vice-Chair respectively, and four (4) CRKN staff members, and a CRKN staff member appointed by the Executive Director to provide support to the CPC. In consultation with the Chair, other CRKN staff may be called upon to participate in meetings as resource personnel.
Nominees will be drawn from across Canada, including (but not limited to) CRKN’s member institutions. Candidates will be chosen based on relevant experience and enthusiasm for conference planning and supporting CRKN’s activities and initiatives. CPC members will also receive Code of Conduct incident report training.
Meetings of the CPC will be held using web-meeting facilities as the Chair requires. Additional deliberations may be conducted via email between meetings as required. The CPC will function for a fixed duration annually, beginning in May and ending in November, following the CRKN conference.
Individuals may choose to self-nominate or to nominate another individual provided all pertinent details are provided as described below. Completed nomination forms should be sent to CRKN c/o Francesca Brzezicki (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Monday, April 20, 2020 at 5 p.m. ET and including all of the following information:
- Contact information for the nominee;
- An indication of their willingness to serve;
- Brief biographical details and relevant work experience to illustrate expertise in and enthusiasm for the work of the committee;
- Assurance that this workload and time commitment meets with approval from their immediate supervisor.