Jointly co-hosted by the National Heritage Digitization Strategy (NHDS) and Canadiana, the platform and digitization services of the Canadian Research Knowledge Network (CRKN), the goal of this workshop is to highlight the digitization and preservation work of the NHDS and Canadiana, and gather end-users perspectives on how the NHDS and Canadiana should evolve to meet user needs.
This event will:
- Share updates on the work of the NHDS and Canadiana
- Profile digitization projects and initiatives
- Gather community insight into how the NHDS and Canadiana should evolve
- Explore approaches to continued communication on the future of digitization and preservation in Canada
- Brainstorm as a community about the challenges and opportunities of digitization, access, and preservation of Canada’s documentary heritage
This event is sponsored by CRKN and is free to attend. Registration is open on a first come, first serve basis. Should your plans change and you are no longer able to attend, we ask that you contact us by email.
Location: The workshop will be held at the SFU Segal Building, 500 Granville Street, Vancouver.
Time and date: The workshop will be held on October 16, 2018, from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Following the workshop, all attendees are invited to stay for a welcome reception as part of the CRKN's AGM held from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Founders Hall of the SFU Segal Building.
Logistics: A block of guest rooms has been reserved for attendees at a special rate of $179 per night (traditional room). To receive the negotiated rates, please book online at CRKNAGM by September 10, 2018. Attendees are responsible for their travel and accommodations. Lunch will be provided for all attendees.
For more information, contact Rebecca Ross at email@example.com.