CRKN is sharing a call for nominations for this year’s Conference Planning Committee (CPC).
Reporting to the CRKN Board of Directors, the CPC will provide recommendations in developing, planning, and implementing thematic programming aspects of the annual CRKN conference. The CPC will ensure that the programming of the CRKN conference represents the interests and needs of CRKN members and stakeholders and champions diverse participation and representation. The CPC is also responsible for reviewing the CRKN conference Code of Conduct to ensure it meets current standards, and along with representatives from the CRKN Board and staff, acts as the CRKN conference Code of Conduct committee.
The CPC is established by and reports to the CRKN Board of Directors pursuant to section 12 of the Corporation’s By-laws. Additionally, the CPC will provide updates to the Content Strategy Committee and Preservation and Access Committee as needed. The deadline to submit a nomination for the CPC is Friday, February 11, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
The CPC is responsible for:
- developing and refining a conference theme which is in line with the CRKN mission and mandate;
- soliciting a call for proposals for the program;
- reviewing and making recommendations to the Board for conference panelists and speakers based on the call for proposals;
- developing a conference program which is in line with the theme;
- working with CRKN staff to determine invited speakers and keynotes;
- reviewing and updating the CRKN conference Code of Conduct; and
- implementing the CRKN conference Code of Conduct reporting process.
The Board of Directors invites nominations from the CRKN community to fill up to six (6) positions on the Conference Planning Committee:
- One (1) Librarian or equivalent appointed representing the Board of Directors, Content Strategy Committee, or Preservation and Access Committee to act as Chair
- One (1) Librarian or equivalent appointed representing the Board of Directors, Content Strategy Committee, or Preservation and Access Committee to act as Vice Chair
- One (1) member appointed to represent the GLAM community
- Up to three (3) members who collectively represent the academic library community with experience in conference planning and programming, including representation from the hosting city member institution(s)
Nominees will be drawn from across Canada, including (but not limited to) CRKN’s member institutions. Candidates will be chosen based on relevant experience and enthusiasm for conference planning and supporting CRKN’s activities and initiatives.
The CPC is supported by the Director, Strategy and Engagement, Communications Specialist, and the Executive Assistant (Event Planner). In consultation with the Chair, other CRKN staff may be called upon to participate in meetings as resource personnel.
Meetings of the CPC will be held using web-meeting facilities as the Chair requires. Additional deliberations may be conducted via email between meetings as required. The CPC will function for a fixed duration annually, beginning in February and ending in November, following the CRKN conference.
Individuals may choose to self-nominate or to nominate another individual provided all pertinent details are provided as described below. Completed nomination forms should be sent to CRKN c/o Francesca Brzezicki (email@example.com) no later than Friday, February 11, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET and including all of the following information:
- Contact information for the nominee;
- An indication of their willingness to serve;
- Brief biographical details and relevant work experience to illustrate expertise in and enthusiasm for the work of the committee;
- Assurance that this workload and time commitment meets with approval from their immediate supervisor.