ORCID, as a global not-for-profit, is sustained through institutional membership. To provide the most effective local support, ORCID encourages regional public and non-profit organizations to join their local ORCID Consortium; in Canada, that’s ORCID-CA.
ORCID-CA benefits include
- Dedicated bilingual support from the ORCID-CA Community Manager (ORCID-CA@crkn.ca)
- Participation in the ORCID-CA community of practice through the ORCID-CA Listserv, members-only Slack, and monthly community calls, as well as ORCID-related webinars/events
- Five sets of Premium Member API credentials to integrate ORCID in up to five systems. The Premium Member API lets users authorize institutions as “Trusted Organizations” to facilitate registration, deposit, editing, and updating a user’s ORCID Record with their permission.
- Access to members-only Canadian resources, technical support, and outreach materials
- Onboarding materials to support new consortium members
- Monthly reports about the number of scholars using ORCID at your institution
- Facilitation of inter and intra institutional engagement about ORCID
ORCID-CA’s goal is to increase ORCID adoption in Canada. Join the community of Canadian institutions working toward a national persistent identifier (PID) strategy for Canada.
For more information about ORCID-CA benefits, please contact the ORCID-CA Community Manager, John Aspler at ORCID-CA@crkn.ca.