The CRKN Board of Directors seeks nominations for the inaugural CRKN Heritage Infrastructure Business Plan Task Group (HIBPTG) who will develop a business plan for CRKN’s heritage infrastructure, including access to and preservation of the Canadiana collections and other heritage and cultural collections included on the platform from members and other memory institutions.
Individuals may choose to self-nominate or to nominate another individual. Completed nomination forms should be sent to CRKN c/o Azard Kallan email@example.com) no later than 5:00 p.m. ET on July 29, 2022 and should include all of the following information:
- Contact information for the nominee;
- An indication of their willingness to serve;
- Brief biographical details and relevant work experience to illustrate expertise in and enthusiasm for the work of the committee;
- Assurance that this workload and time commitment meet with approval from their immediate supervisor.
The HIBPTG will collaborate with the Researcher Council to provide cost analysis and budget information for the infrastructure, tools, and services recommended by the Researcher Council for inclusion in the CRKN CFI Innovation Fund grant application. The HIBPTG may ask CRKN to engage a consultant to conduct an environmental scan of costs for providing similar infrastructure in other countries. The HIBPTG will provide preliminary budget information as part of identifying the CFI envelope requested from CRKN members and for the notice of intent to submit a full application to the next round of CFI Innovation Fund applications. The HIBPTG will deliver a business plan by the end of 2022-2023 fiscal year on March 31, 2023. For more information, please see the HIBPTG Terms of Reference. If you wish to discuss a potential nomination (of yourself or a colleague) and have any questions, please contact Azard Kallan, Director of Finance and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking candidates to fill the following positions on the task group:
- Two (2) to three (3) members of the Gallery, Library, Archives and Museum (GLAM) community with experience in digital research infrastructure, and/or digital repositories, and/or digital preservation
- One (1) to two (2) digitization/preservation program leads/administrators with experience budgeting for curation services as defined by researchers
- One (1) to two (2) administrators with experience developing CFI Innovation Fund applications
- One (1) IT professional with expertise in cybersecurity, cloud architecture, and/or solutions architecture
- Up to three (3) members with financial/business planning experience
For our member organizations and the diverse communities they serve, CRKN empowers researchers, educators, and society with greater access to the world’s research and Canada’s preserved documentary heritage, now and for future generations.
We deliver value to academic libraries, heritage organizations, and knowledge seekers within Canada in the following ways:
- Represent our membership in large-scale licensing and content acquisition activities;
- Collaborate to expand and enrich the digital knowledge ecosystem in Canada and the world;
- Advocate for fair and sustainable access to public research and content;
- Support the digital infrastructure required to preserve and access critical Canadian content;
- Mobilize our membership to transform scholarly communications in Canada.