CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Heritage Content Priorities Task Group (HCPTG)
Please see the Terms of Reference for the task group.
The purpose of the Heritage Content Priorities Task Group (HCPTG) is to develop principles and criteria that CRKN staff may use to evaluate and prioritize heritage content for digitization and ingestion, conversion and augmentation of the Canadiana collections.
The HCPTG will:
- ensure that additions to the collections are in line with the content priorities of the CRKN membership, the National Heritage Digitization Strategy and the broader Canadian heritage community.
- recommend and prioritize plans for making current and future collections more accessible to researchers by means of enhanced metadata, improved collection arrangement, etc.
- make recommendations to the Preservation and Access Committee (PAC) and the Board of principles and criteria that CRKN staff may use in evaluating and prioritizing revenue generating projects of digitization, preservation and hosting undertaken for third-party clients.
The PAC invites nominations from the CRKN membership to fill eight (8) positions on the HCPTG:
- One (1) current member of the Content Strategy Committee (CSC) , appointed by the CSC
- One (1) current member of the PAC, appointed by the PAC
- One (1) member of the former CRKN Advisory Committee on Héritage Priorities, if available, appointed by the PAC.
- Up to five (5) librarians, archivists or curators with collection development experience from CRKN’s member institutions, who shall, when possible, reflect the diversity of CRKN membership (small, medium, and large institutions) and regional diversity appointed by the PAC.
Either the CSC representative or the PAC representative will serve as Chair of the Task Group, as willing, and by agreement with the Chair of the PAC.
A CRKN staff member, shall be appointed by the Executive Director to provide support to the task group. In consultation with the Chair, other CRKN staff may be called upon to participate in meetings as resource personnel, as required.
Nominees will be drawn from across Canada, including (but not limited to) CRKN’s member institutions. Candidates will be chosen based on relevant experience and perspective with the intent of forming a representative breadth of participation. It is expected that the group will ordinarily meet 4-10 times per year via teleconference. A rough estimation of the time commitment required for serving on the group can be calculated as follows:
10 teleconferences * 2 hours = 20 hours
1 hour prep-time per meeting = 10 hours
Individual work outside of meetings (2 hours * 12 months) = 24 hours
Total Annual Commitment: 54 hours
The HCPTG is accountable to the PAC, with reporting also to the CSC. The Chair of the HCPTG reports on its activities to both the PAC and the CSC, and submits written recommendations as required for the consideration of the PAC and CSC.
The first meeting of the HCPTG is expected to be held in January 2019.
Individuals may choose to self-nominate or to nominate another individual provided all pertinent details are provided as described below. Completed nomination forms should be sent to CRKN c/o Nazia Bundhoo (email@example.com) no later than December 20, 2018, and including all of the following information:
- Contact information for the nominee;
- An indication of their willingness to serve;
- Brief biographical details and relevant work experience to illustrate expertise in and enthusiasm for the work of the committee;
- Assurance that this workload and time commitment meets with approval from their immediate supervisor.