On behalf of the Board of Directors, CRKN is pleased to introduce the Preservation and Access Committee (PAC) members. The PAC reports to the CRKN Board of Directors with the goal of reviewing and making recommendations regarding the development and management of Canadiana services, including the Trustworthy Digital Repository (TDR). After an overwhelming response to a call for nominations to this committee, the Board of Directors has appointed the following members of the committee:
Rebecca Graham, University Librarian, University of Guelph (Board position to be officially ratified by CRKN Members at the AGM in October 2018).
Dana McFarland, eResources & Scholarly Communication Librarian, Vancouver Island University
- Paul Durand, Specialist, Digital Collections Management, Canadian Museum of History
- Sharon Farnel, Metadata Coordinator, University of Alberta
- Émilie Fortin, Head of Digital Production, Preservation and Conservation of Collections, Université Laval
- Mark Jordan, Head of Library Systems, Simon Fraser University
- Ian Milligan, Associate Professor of History, University of Waterloo
- Eric Schwab, Manager, Digitization & Preservation, Toronto Public Library
- Johanna Smith, Director General, Public Services, Library and Archives Canada
The PAC will hold its first meeting on June 14, 2018 to discuss and make recommendations on platform and TDR development, as well as Canadiana’s digitization services and projects. The PAC will also address ongoing strategic preservation and access recommendations throughout the next year and in conjunction with CRKN’s current and future strategic plans. CRKN looks forward to connecting with the broader stakeholder community and working together on shared goals of access and preservation through the work of the PAC. More information about the work and outcomes of this committee will be shared regularly.