Designing the Future of Open Scholarship in Canada
During this workshop we will:
- Review the principles and approaches that guide licensing and renewal decisions
- Highlight themes and emerging discussions from the transformative agreement webinar series held throughout 2022
- Collectively brainstorm approaches that advance open scholarship in Canada
- Consider what we are transitioning towards with our transformative agreement approach
- Explore the potential of a collective investment strategy
Through these discussions, we will explore how members wish to partner through CRKN with Canadian not-for-profit publishers to ensure a sustainable Canadian scholarly publishing ecosystem, as well as investigations into other models of transformation in scholarly communication.
Recognizing the value of collaboration as we strive toward an open scholarship future, we will also provide space to discuss a CRKN-CARL joint vision for open scholarship and highlight the ways in which both organizations can work together to meet shared goals. As an outcome of this workshop, we hope to collaboratively develop the principles, goals, data, and milestones of CRKN’s member-driven approach to open scholarship and brainstorm concrete actions and next steps in stakeholder engagement.
|9:00-10:30||Where Are We Now: Licensing and Open Scholarship at CRKN||Craig Olsvik, Guylaine Beaudry|
|11:00-12:30||Where Are We Going: Imagining the Future of Open Scholarship in Canada||Facilitated Discussion with Julien LeBlanc|
How Do We Get There: Transforming Scholarly Communications Together
Craig Olsvik, Denise LaFitte, Karen Nicholson
Advance Reading Materials: