The Canadian Research Knowledge Network (CRKN) is inviting proposals for a consultant with expertise in government relations and advocacy. The consultant will design and develop CRKN’s government relations and advocacy approach, including:
- Develop a narrative and key message strategy to ensure government support for CRKN initiatives
- Identify key decision makers and champions who will support CRKN and its members; support CRKN staff and Board members in developing relationships within government
- Increase CRKN’s profile within government and align CRKN initiatives with funding opportunities and government priorities
- Identify organizations with similar advocacy goals and support message alignment to strengthen national advocacy issues of importance to CRKN and its members
- Identify funding and support the development of funding applications
It is anticipated that the selected Consultant would begin work in January 2022 and deliver an overall approach and strategy for CRKN Board approval at the end of March 2022. Implementation of the approach and strategy will be undertaken from April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023.