CRKN is pleased to offer the following article processing charge (APC) discounts for member institutions, negotiated as part of our licensing activities. Please note that these discounts only apply to institutions participating in the licenses.
|American Chemical Society||$250 USD flat discount||APC discount is applied upon submission of manuscript. Authors must identify their institutional affiliation in order to qualify for the discount.|
|Cambridge University Press||20% discount on gold or hybrid open access journals||APC discount is applied upon submission of manuscript. Authors must identify their institutional affiliation in order to qualify for the discount.|
|Canadian Science Publishing||50% discount on all journals except agricultural journals (Canadian Journal of Agricultural Science, Canadian Journal of Soil Science, Canadian Journal of Plant Science)||APC discount is applied upon submission of manuscript. Authors must identify their institutional affiliation in order to qualify for the discount.|
|SAGE||40% discount||See instructions below (exclusions apply)|
|Taylor & Francis||25% discount in T&F Open Select journals||See instructions below|
SAGE Open Access Portal (SOAP)
SAGE Open Access Portal (SOAP) is a centralized portal that automates SAGE’s open access publication process. CRKN members participating in the CRKN-SAGE license are eligible to receive a 40% discount on the Article Processing Charge (APC). The following steps briefly outline the manuscript submission process. For more information, see the PDF documents in the “Related Documents” section below.
- Authors identify their institution affiliation upon manuscript submission.
- Authors are notified by email of article acceptance. They are also notified of their eligibility for the 40% APC discount.
- Within the SAGE Open Access Portal (SOAP), authors can accept or decline to publish their article open access.
- If an author declines to publish in open access, their article will be published via the subscription route.
- In the Portal, the author can select their copyright license and assign a payer (i.e. funding agency, institution, or a different bill payer), and make the APC payment.
View the spreadsheet below for SAGE APC discount exclusions.
Applying a Taylor & Francis APC discount
To take advantage of the discount on T&F Open Select journals, an author can submit an article and choose the open access publishing option. When the APC is generated, authors can select their institution from the drop-down menu, and the discount will be automatically applied. The author can select a Creative Commons license to sign once they accept the quote.